We offer a variety of book design services for self-publishers and first-time authors to help create a book for you that will stand out in both the printed and eBook market. Our design services include:
- Proof reading
- Text layout (typically from a Word document)
- Bespoke cover designs to suit all budgets
- Scanning of photographs and artwork
- Scanning a previously printed book which can include scanning the text, illustrations, photographs line drawings and graphs.
- Scanning existing covers, paper cases and book jackets. We will try to eliminate any blemishes that have occurred from the original printed copy.
If you have designed your own cover but just need help placing it in professional layout software then we can do that for you or we can create a bespoke cover design from scratch that will really sell your book to include your own photographs or bespoke illustrations
Here are examples of book covers that we have designed for our customers (click on the images to see a larger version):
We will design the book to the trim size that you require using the fonts that you would like. Initially we will show you a sample proof of the preliminary pages and the first chapter which will include page numbering and running heads. You can then make comments and adjustments to this initial design to make sure the remainder of the book is looking how you wish. We can also scan or integrate any illustrations, line drawings or graphs that you require.
The copy edit will be made to your Word document. Our copy editor will liaise directly with you and we will show the suggested changes which could include:
- checking text to ensure it is well written and logically structured
- correct grammar and spelling
- ensure the text is in line with the publisher’s ‘house style’ if applicable
- check facts and raise queries with the author
- look out for potential legal problems and discuss them with the publisher
- check illustrations and captions are correct.
We offer the service of proof reading your book. This will occur after the book has been designed to ensure that page numbers are consecutive, watch out for typographical and design inconsistencies, cross check chapter titles with the table of contents and ensure illustrations and their captions correspond.
We can arrange the design of your book into an eBook ready to be viewed on all devices including the Kindle, Kobo, Nook, iPad and Sony book reader. Please note that we cannot help you upload the book onto Kindle Direct Publishing or any other e bookstore – you will need to do that yourself.